A Sad Comedy
Andrey Pavlovich Buzykin, who makes a living by teaching at an institute and translating English literature, is cheating on his wife. Buzykin's main problem is that he's a kind man with a weak character. The lies he is telling his wife all the time are inconvincing, but he never has the courage to tell her the truth. His lover, Alla, is aware of his family life, but gets offended when, for example, he cannot meet her so that he doesn't come home late, or when he doesn't want to go home in a new jacket she gives him to avoid having to explain to his wife. Alla and Nina, Andrei's wife, both leave him, forgive him, and return to him at the same time, and Andrei continues with this kind of life, full of suffering and deceit. Finally, both women are so fed up with his lies that they don't believe him even when he is telling the truth...
Actors movie: A Sad Comedy
- Andrei Pavlovich Buzykin
- Nina Evlampievna Buzykina
- Alla Mikhailovna Ermakova - Buzykin's mistress
- Vasili Ignatyevich Kharitonov - Buzykin's Neighbour
- Bill Hansson - a Denmark professor
- Uncle Kolya - Alla's Neighbour
- Varvara Nikitichna - the 'Thumbelina'
- Yelena - Buzykin's daughter